Art of Medicine Award
The top 6 pieces, as determined by OMSA Council through vote, will be put for public vote by all Ontario medical students. The pieces will all be blinded by the OMSA VP Finance prior to the internal vote; however, pieces may be unblinded for the public vote at the artists discretion. The top two pieces with the most popular votes will win the award.
Theme for 2022: Building Back
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Please send your submission HERE
Voting for the 2022 Art of Medicine Award will open in spring 2022! Any questions or concerns can be directed to Zack at email@example.com.
*Note: As of September 2021, all grant applicants must be registered/active members of the Ontario Medical Association (OMA). This requires both online registration and paid annual dues of $10. Please visit OMA My Account and log in to see your membership status. If you have a dues balance of $0.00 then you are considered registered and active! If you have an outstanding balance, please make the appropriate payment by following the prompts. Applications from non-registered/non-active applicants will be disqualified. Should you require special consideration or if you feel that this membership may be cost-prohibitive, please email Zack (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc the VP EDI, Sauliha (email@example.com). OMSA strives to support each and every Ontario Medical Student and we commit to providing a tailored solution that meets your needs.
- "Decrypting SARS-CoV-2" -art- by Leo Kadota
- "Mirror" -dance- by Lily Xu and Sherry Cui
- "Class of 2020" -art- by Shirley Deng
- "Love Amidst Loneliness (Or, Call Your Mom - A Lesson from
2020)" -dance and spoken word- by Isis Lunsky
- "Treat People With Kindness" – dance- by Anonymous
- "The Burden of Compassion" – art- by Stephanie Jiang
- "To Me, Medicine Is" - song- by: Nathan Katz
- "To Me, Medicine Is" - abstract mixed media piece- By:
- "Through the Valley" - piano piece- by: Michael Scaffidi https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knApiEXjhD8pbdjQh8dkrojYgs4WUJNB/view
- "Ophelia"- poem- by: Anonymous
- “To Me, Medicine Is"- art- by: Anonymous
- "To Me, Medicine Is"- poem- by: Anonymous https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VEIqkGZYgJlOtf9eTdDLw1aIWRFXsoCl/view?usp=sharing