Art of Medicine Award
Do you find that there is no space for artistic expression in medical school? Well, look no further! Whether you're the next van Gogh, Beethoven or Nijinksy, or even if you just enjoy art as a hobby, the Art of Medicine Award serves to recognize impactful art pieces created by you and your fellow medical peers based on a yearly theme. We accept any sort of art form, from singing to dancing to visual art to poems to beyond - it is up to whatever you like! Each award is valued at $250. Two winners will be chosen per year.
The top 6 pieces, as determined by OMSA Council through vote, will be put for public vote by all Ontario medical students. The pieces will all be blinded by the OMSA VP Finance prior to the internal vote; however, pieces may be unblinded for the public vote at the artists discretion. The top two pieces with the most votes will win the award.
Theme for 2023: The Dark Side of Medicine. The theme is open to interpretation
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Please send your submission HERE.
Voting for the 2023 Art of Medicine Award will open in spring 2023! Any questions or concerns can be directed to Ming at email@example.com.
*Note: As of September 2021, all grant applicants must be
registered/active members of the Ontario Medical Association
(OMA). This requires both online registration and paid annual
dues of $10. Please visit OMA My Account and log in to see your
membership status. If you have a dues balance of $0.00 then you
are considered registered and active! If you have an outstanding
balance, please make the appropriate payment by following the
prompts. Applications from non-registered/non-active applicants
will be disqualified. Should you require special consideration or
if you feel that this membership may be cost-prohibitive, please
email Ming (firstname.lastname@example.org)
and cc the VP EDI, Jenna (email@example.com). OMSA strives to support
each and every Ontario Medical Student and we commit to providing
a tailored solution that meets your needs.
- "Metis MRI" -art- by Jamie Thompson https://drive.google.com/file/d/1djYBqGssiNamietAemn4wbKKYTGHK6vz/view
- "Untitled" -art- by Kaitlyn Rourke https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CEIKJJZ2AHm-lEmWVYDBDy-IUpYlJN65/view
- "The Architects" -art- by Anonymous https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IOz3xK8j1unW_DOG91XHAebARPJP36_7/view
- "Decrypting SARS-CoV-2" -art- by Leo Kadota
- "Mirror" -dance- by Lily Xu and Sherry Cui
- "Class of 2020" -art- by Shirley Deng
- "Love Amidst Loneliness (Or, Call Your Mom - A Lesson from
2020)" -dance and spoken word- by Isis Lunsky
- "Treat People With Kindness" – dance- by Anonymous
- "The Burden of Compassion" – art- by Stephanie Jiang
- "To Me, Medicine Is" - song- by: Nathan Katz
- "To Me, Medicine Is" - abstract mixed media piece- By:
- "Through the Valley" - piano piece- by: Michael Scaffidi https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knApiEXjhD8pbdjQh8dkrojYgs4WUJNB/view
- "Ophelia"- poem- by: Anonymous
- “To Me, Medicine Is"- art- by: Anonymous
- "To Me, Medicine Is"- poem- by: Anonymous https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VEIqkGZYgJlOtf9eTdDLw1aIWRFXsoCl/view?usp=sharing