OMA Insurance Services (OMA)
Medical student members have access to the OMA Insurance Student
Special Offer; a customized plan providing financial
protection for the investment you’re making in your future and
your most valuable asset -- your ability to earn an income.
The Offer includes:
- Disability coverage that pays you a tax-free monthly income
if you become sick or injured during medical school:
- $1,500 per month in Year 1 & 2,
- $2,500 per month in Year 3,
- $4,000 per month in your final year, plus OMA
pays the premium!
- Cost less than a coffee and bagel; under $7 per month for
those under 35.
- $100,000 complimentary life insurance,
- No medical tests or health questions for either benefit,
- No obligation.
It only takes five minutes to fill out the
Student Special Offer gives you the coverage you need, at a
price you can afford, from an organization you and your
classmates can trust.
Connect with your school’s dedicated OMAI Education &
Engagement Specialist to learn more:
University of Toronto
University of Ottawa
Northern School of Medicine
Check out other insurance solutions that you may need
down the road:
Dr.Hill’s Insurance PowerPoint Slide
Key Messages/Speaking Points
Medical students are offered $250,000 Line of
Credits on their first day of medical school. It’s
important to protect that financial investment with
- Canadian Physician Survey reported graduating
students and residents are carrying more than $160 in
debt, meaning large debt with little income for 4-6+
- Mental health conditions are the number one
disability claim from Ontario medical student members.
- Have a plan for the What Ifs. None of us know what
challenges and obstacles will come our way, however, you
can have a plan for the financial impact of all your what
ifs and that’s with Insurance.
OMA has designed an exclusive medical student
insurance offer that meets the needs of Ontario medical
students during your studies and throughout your
- Receive a monthly income if you are unable to attend
school due to an injury or illness
- $100,000 of complimentary Life Insurance
- 8 out of 10 members work with OMA Insurance
It’s costs less than buying a coffee and a bagel
once a month.
- Costs under $7 per month for those under age 35
- OMA pays the premium in your final year
It only take 5 minutes to enrol online and
there’s no obligation:
- There are no medicals questions
- Cancel anytime
- Or choose to keep it into residency and practice