Medical Student Wellness
Download: Click here to access the full paper
- Kyle Fiorini (Western University)
- Nina Mazze (University of Toronto)
- Justin Cottrell (Western University)
- Heather Smith (Northern Ontario School of Medicine)
Ontario medical student mental health and wellness is a significant factor to the development of Ontario’s future physicians. There are a number of barriers that medical students must overcome in order to access the available wellness resources offered at their schools. The purpose of this paper is to advocate for a more accessible and sustainable approach to managing medical student mental health and wellness.
- That the Ontario Medical Students Association and the Ontario Faculties of Medicine work to destigmatize mental illness among medical learners.
- Ontario Faculties of Medicine should ensure mental health and wellness resources are accessible to all medical learners in Ontario.