Event/Initiative Sponsorship Grants
Are you hosting an event/initiative that benefits medical students and/ or your community? Well OMSA is here to help! We will be accepting sponsorship requests twice a year, with the 2021-2022 deadlines being:
- Friday, September 17th 2021 at 11:59 PM ET
- Friday, February 11th 2022 at 11:59 PM ET
For more information about the available pools of money and the types of events that we sponsor, please see the official OMSA Sponsorship Policy here.
To apply, please submit your application using this Google Form.
You can direct any questions or concerns to Zack Chuang at email@example.com
School Specific Funding: Each application will be blinded by the OMSA VP Finance before being distributed to members of the OMSA Grants Committee (which is made up of rotating members of OMSA Council). Each application will be marked by at least two separate individuals using the below rubric. Every effort will be made so that OMSA Council members are not marking the applications of students from their home school. A final average mark will be calculated for each application by the VP Finance and the final winners will be selected based on their scores. The OMSA VP Finance, in collaboration with the Grants Committee, will allocate the $500 of funding/ per school based on the number of top ranked submissions, the budget of the submissions, and the distribution of OPAC funding.
OPAC Funding: The OMSA VP Finance will send blinded applications to the OMSA VP Advocacy and their OPAC committee. They will then select the initiatives they wish to support and allocate funding accordingly.
- Principles of Surgical Skills Conference by Gareth Leung, University of Ottawa
January 2021 Sponsorship Grant Recipients
- Oncology 101 Conference
- Principles of Surgical Skills Conference
- CASPer Coaching
- Pronoun Pins
- ClerQ Aid
- Caring for the Muslim Patient Symposium
- Transgender Health Primer Ressource
August 2020 Sponsorship Grant Recipients
- ArtVocacy Initiative
- iCAN Mentorship
- McMaster Medical School Anti-Black & Anti-Indigenous Racism work
- Altitude Healthcare Mentoring
- Peer Support Network Program
- Anti-Black Racism & Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) Calls to Action
- Black Medical Student Association
- Heart 2 Heart: International Healthcare Relief (H2H)
- Racial Diversity in Skin Presentations
- The Diversity Mentorship Program
- Anti-Oppression in Curricular Project
The Black Health Series
- BIPOC Women’s Health Network: Postpartum Care for Black Mothers & Medical Student Training Workshop
- The Schulich Anti-Racism Student Initiative